Friday, July 26, 2013

Luxe Decor: Greek Key Trim & My New Storage Ottomans

We've never met a Greek Key we didn't like.  Right now, we're especially loving enhancing slipcovers and upholstery with some Greek Key trim.  


images via my Pinterest
 
Remember my new storage ottomans? I'm itching to reupholster them, but not sure exactly where they will go, so I'm hesitant to go too bold at this time. The safe choice is to go with some form of navy upholstery.  That way whether they are in the family room or Hank's room, they'll go.  Using a navy indoor/outdoor fabric will help with the durability of the upholstery, and hopefully keep from looking dirty since they're storing Hank's toys and will be used every day.  I'll contrast the navy with some bright white piping for a classic look.
 
But that leaves me feeling a little underwhelmed.  Cue some Greek Key trim.  I realized that while we've been using trim in all of our clients' homes, I don't have much in my own! I think adding a band of trim to the bottom of the ottomans will enhance the custom look, while still keep them neutral and user-friendly.
 
Bye bye Target ottomans, hello super chic baby storage! Stay tuned!
 


LUXE PICKS
Some great trim options!

 
 
 
 
 

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...