Friday, September 28, 2012

Designing the New Digs: Pillows Galore

One of the easiest ways to add a pop of color, texture or pattern to a room is with throw pillows.  I myself, have a hard time committing to color and patterns, but with pillows it doesn't have to be a permanent decision.  They are a design element that can set the tone for a room, but can be easily changed and affordably attained. 
images via my pinterest

I've been trying to hold off on buying more furniture for the new place until we move in and really know what we need.  But in the meantime I've been having a lot of fun looking at pillows and picking our fabrics for the different rooms.  Here's what I'm thinking...

Living Room
In the living/family room I plan to keep the pallete very neutral but bring in interest with texture and details.  These mirrored and fur pillows on our white linen sectional will create a tonal look and will add comfort and a little whimsy where we watch TV.


Sunroom
The "sunroom" I consider more of formal living space.  I'd like to add some sophistication with tailored bordered base pillows and a lush velvet animal print as an accent.  I think the combination with look great on our newly reupholstered sofa. 


Outdoor Cabana
Remember the inspiration board I created for our cabana?  I purchased four of these outdoor palm leaf pillows.  They will adorn the pair of iron loveseats that will create the seating area under our black and white striped cabana.  

I still have some decisions to make on the master and guest bedroom...but it's a start!  

Other Pillow We're Currently Loving






1 comment:

Unknown said...

The house is going to look so amazing!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...